Thursday, February 26, 2009

MFA

The photo exhibit at the MFA was mind blowing. I felt that all of the black and white photos were as separate as they were connected. For me, every piece was tied together by humanity and people. Whether the forms were easy to figure out or simply implied, there was human life within every photo. I really liked that some of the photos were more abstract but they still can from a similar source. I thought that the exhibit was very well organized, i thought that everything flowed really well.
My favorite piece was by Yousuf Karsh of Agnes MacPhail. I loved that he introduced an intricate pattern on top of a portrait. I found this piece inspiring because there was a complex detail added without overwhelming the portrait. I plan to keep that in mind for my artist book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment